- William Bates's Classic, Perfect Sight
- Your Glasses And Your Eyes, by Jacob Raphaelson, O.D.
- A Preventive and Remedy for School Myopia, by Jacob Raphaelson, O.D.
- Stretch Your Eyes, by Jacob Raphaelson, O.D.
- Why Eyeglasses Are Harmful for
Children And Young People, by Joseph J. Kennebeck, O.D.
- Selections from Otis Brown's How To Avoid
Nearsightedness: A Scientific Study
of the Eye's Behavior.
- The Eye in its Relation to Health, by Chalmers Prentice, M.D.
- Questions and Answers about the Power Vision System, an exceprt from The Secret of Perfect Vision, by David De Angelis.
- Plus Lens Therapy for Myopia as practiced by optometrists of decades ago. Their success with this method was published in professional Optometric publications.
- New Optometry -- a series of articles by Milton M. Izdal, published in 1935, explaining various eye conditions as the result of energy habitually sent to the eye muscles, and challenging the "eye is too long / too short" concept of refractive error.
Review of recent studies
- Does the O'Leary Undercorrection study (aka Chung et al 2002) really prove that you should wear your full-strength glasses?
- COMET study. Did they really prove that plus lenses can't protect children from becoming more myopic?
- Spectacle Intervention study. Does wearing glasses make a difference?
- NutraSweet (aspartame) -- poison for the eye!
- Bilberry for better vision -- two articles courtesy of Rob Bidelman.
Figures in the History of Unorthodox Eyecare
Optics, geometrical and physiological